Clean + Go Green - July 13-15, 2011
Summer is the perfect time to ...clean and go green! Cleaning your office or workspace creates more space and will help kick-start the fiscal year.
Columbia University Facilities wants to help. As part of our "Clean + Go Green" program, we will make dumpsters available across campus, at no cost to you, for the disposal of large unwanted items. Best of all, Facilities will properly separate your items and recycle them. That way, when you clean, you "go green" by purging your unwanted items in an environmentally friendly way.
- Wednesday July 13th through Friday, July 15th.
- Drop-off hours at all locations are between 8am to 3pm only. During this time, Facilities staff will be on hand to help with unloading and recycling.
Please visit the "Clean + Go Green" Web page on this site for a listing of event dates for 2011, 2012 and 2013: http://facilities.columbia.edu/clean-go-green
- On College Walk
- In front of Lerner Hall
- Schermerhorn/Fairchild Courtyard
- The Grove @ 119th Street & Amsterdam Avenue
- Nevis Laboratories: between Cyclotron Building and Electronics Building
Items you can bring to a Clean + Go Green drop-off location include:
- Computer Monitors, Keyboards and CPUs (please use DBAN to remove data from your hard drive, http://www.columbia.edu/acis/security/users/physical.html)
- Electronic Equipment
- Books/Used Books
- Desk Lamps
- Toner Cartridges
- Paint Cans
- Shredding (again this year - all three days on College Walk only)
NEED HELP MOVING YOUR STUFF?
For a fee, movers will come directly to your office to collect and recycle your unwanted items. Contact the Facilities Services Center at x4-2222 by Friday, July 8th and mention "Clean + Go Green" to request service.
DONATE YOUR USED BOOKS!
Don't throw your used books away - donate them instead! Bring your used books to any drop-off location and we will find them a new, happy home.
THIS YEAR AGAIN- FREE SHREDDING!
Bring items to be shredded on Wednesday - Friday, July 13th - 15th on College Walk only. A Code Shred truck will be available for all of your shredding needs.
FIND SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR COLUMBIA'S ARCHIVES?
Help preserve the institutional memory of the University. Contact Columbia University Archives at x4-3786 before disposing of any historical information relevant to the history of the University.
You can help ensure that this year's "Clean + Go Green" program is a success - please spread the word! Should you have any questions about this event or need other facilities-related information, please contact the Facilities Services Center at x4-2222. We look forward to seeing you at Clean + Go Green!
Assistant Vice President
Columbia University Facilities